Monk

Subclass of Cleric. Acts as cleric unless otherwise stated.

Restrictions

STR :12 WIS: 15 DEX:15
Armor: None
Weapons: All
May use magic weapons, rings, and thief usable magic items. May not use scrolls or potions.
Must give away your wealth.
May not be psionic.
No retainers until level 6, then max retainers is level + charisma modifier. Retainers must be fighters or monks. Cannot use hirelings.

Abilities

  • When using weapons, increase their damage by 1 for every two levels, maxing out at 8 damage at level 16.
    Without weapons, if beating target’s AC by 5 or more, 75% chance to stun for 3d4 turns, 25% chance to kill outright.
  • Can appear dead for 1d6 rounds per level.
  • Can make a saving throw vs death ray to avoid missile attacks and a save vs spells to avoid Magic Missiles.
  • Successful saving throws always fully negate any affect. At level 8, failed saving throws halve damage.
    Level 3: You are surprised on a ⅙, ⅛ at level 5, 1/10 at level 7. Quiet foes are twice as likely to surprise you.
    Level 4: Speak with animals at will. Extends to plants at level 8.
    Level 5: If falling with reach of a wall, reduce fall height by 20’ when rolling for fall damage.. 40’ at level 8, 200’ at level 11.
    Level 6: 90% resistance to ESP. +1% per each additional level.
    Level 7: Once per day, can heal self for 1 HP for each level above 6 + 1d6.
    Level 8: Immune to suggestion and hypnosis.
    Level 10: Immune to Quest and Geaes. Effective INT 18 for the purposes of defending against telepathy.
    Level 13: Quivering Palm: Once per week, can lay hands upon a target. It instantly dies if it’s level is lower than yours.

Progression

Uses Cleric Saving Throws

Level XP Required Attack Bonus HD Open Locks Traps Move Silently Hide Climb Hear Noise Move AC Attacks / Round Unarmed Damage
1 0 1 1d4 25 25 20 10 88 2/6 12" 9 1 1d4
2 2,500 1 2d4 30 30 25 15 89 2/6 13" 8 1 1d4+1
3 5,000 2 3d4 35 35 30 20 90 3/6 14" 8 1 1d6
4 10,000 2 4d4 45 45 35 25 91 3/6 15" 7 1.5 1d8
5 25,000 3 5d4 50 50 45 35 92 3/6 16" 6 1.5 1d10
6 50,000 3 6d4 55 55 55 45 93 3/6 17" 5 2 1d12
7 100,000 4 7d4 65 65 60 50 94 4/6 18" 4 2 2d8
8 200,000 5 8d4 75 75 65 55 95 4/6 19" 3 2 3d6
9 300,000 6 9d4 85 85 75 65 96 4/6 20" 2 2.5 2d10
10 450,000 6 10d4 95 85 85 75 97 4/6 22" 1 2.5 2d12
11 600,000 7 11d4 100 100 95 85 98 5/6 24" 1 3 3d8
12 850,000 7 12d4 100 100 100 90 99 5/6 26" 0 3 3d10
13 1,100,000 8 13d4 100 100 100 95 100 6/6 28" 0 3 5d6
14 1,400,000 8 14d4 100 100 100 100 100 6/6 30" -1 3 4d8
15 1,750,000 9 15d4 32" -2 4 3d12
16 2,500,000 9 16d4 34" -3 4 4d10
17 3,250,000 10 16d4
18 4,000,000 10 16d4+1
19 4,750,000 11 16d4+1
20 5,500,000 12 16d4+2
21 6,250,000 13 16d4+2
+1 +750,000 +1/2

Source

OD&D Supplement II, Blackmoor

Monk

Grimgate drew_shannon_904